2005-11-06

Blogger ate my post!

Yesterday I was typing my post, and blogger ate it! Well, almost. I had to stop my typing so I saved the text as draft. Usually I copy the text from the browser into some local scratch file before submitting it. Yesterday I forgot to do that. When I returned to continue editing the draft - no text was there! Today I tried to make a test post, with the same result. All of this I did using the Opera browser.

So I tried to publish something using Firefox - and it worked. It wouldn't be so surprising if I had not published 3-4 posts previously with Opera.

The conclusion - Google/Blogger made some changes in the meantime, and they've caused Opera to be unusable for publishing blogs! Time to contact them, if possible.

2 comments:

Anders Brenna said...

I've had the same problem, twice this weekend. And since they are shutting out Opera users from Adwords and Adsense, I expect this is on purpose.

What happened to "Don't be evil"?

zvrba said...

OK, I've sent them a bug report and received a confirmation. I'll wait for few days to see what happens. I'm considering two options:
1. publish by email
2. collect all my posts, shut down my blog at blogspot and move it elsewhere. (I have my private domain, so I might as well start using it more :))

On their "supported browsers" list, Opera 7.5 is still on the list.